Monday, July 11, 2011

First Letter

Hey Fam!
Well I made it to the MTC, & talk about different, they definately do not give you time to think about leaving everything for 2 years b/c they took me straight to class.  The first day was stressful especially since they started us teaching on that day.  I met my companion, his name is Elder Valter from Bumbridge, Georgia.  He’s a really nice guy, who kinda has the same problem as me, and that’s not knowing scriptures as well.  The second day, after not sleeping much, started out stressful but then I felt the spirit and it comforted me.  We met w/the Branch President that night and after interviewing my district he called me in again and asked me to be District Leader.  Wow!  My stress levels shot through the roof after that, but I’m slowly getting the hang of it.  We teach everyday and though we have a lot to improve, we have gotten way better over the last 3 days.  My district is awesome.  ¾ of us are going to Denver South and a few are going to Jackson, Missouri.  We do everything together.  I’ve been eating healthier than I ever have b/c I have not time to work-out.  The gym is shut down, and the temple is shut down so it stinks.  BTW my p-day is on Wednesday and b/c it’s the first week I got to write you a letter on a day other  than my p-day.  I got to see Jason Wald, Austin Nelson, and a couple other guys I know so that was nice. I know this letter is everywhere, but I have not time to write and I’m sorry.  Thanks for the letters you’ve sent me it’s nice to hear from you.  My testimony of this gospel is growing stronger every day and missionary work is a great feeling.  Let me know if you have questions in your letters b/c I know I didn’t cover it all.  I love all of you!!

Love Elder Hatfield