Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Letter 7-12-11

Hey Ya'll,


No i cant really believe that im officially on a mission, and whats even more weird is i don't have time to think about anything else but a mission. Right when i got dropped off I went straight to class and met my district. It's been a long and fast week though here at the mtc. and what happened to andrew? Its a good look for him.lol.jk The saying here though holds true. A day feels like a week and a week feels like a day. Every day I'm here it gets better and better. We've taught more in the last week than i feel like I have my whole life. we are teaching role play investigators right now, but its still like doing the real thing. Its a great experience and the spirit is so strong. Our district is such a tight knit group and i feel like ive been friends with all of them through at least high school. I dont remember if I told you that our district consists of the Denver south mission and Jackson Missouri mission. Me and my companion Elder Valter have really grown together to better each other. As i said earlier, we are both not very learned in the scriptures so we've made a goal to better that and we have, we've got a lot of work to do still though. Yesterday was the best day I've had here. Then last night we had a seventy come speak to us, but I'll admit it was dry b/c they just read from a script, but sunday we had a great speaker. ill tell you more about him in another letter. we came and had a district mtng after that, then I had a meeting with the stake pres. and zone leaders, and after I left that Sister Penley (she's the sister i met on facebook) asked me and Elder Mcdowell (he's in my district) to give her a blessing. Wow!! i jumped right on that opportunity and was so grateful she asked. so I got to give her a blessing for being sick and it was a humbling and spiritual experience. Ive seen a lot of people I know here too. Elder Wald, Nelson, Asay's, Byrd, Zach Quinn. It was good to see them all. Well there is so much to write and so little time. Tell Momma Day thanks for her letter and I'll write her sometime. I love you all and pray all is well.
Love,
Elder Hatfield