Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm in Montrose!!!!


(So if you guessed Grand Junction this is near the area!!!)  

Howdy!!
I'll be sure to send you pics of our apartment next week. It's a nice little place. I'm grateful to be in this area. They just split the wards and built a new church building here so other people are having a new start like me. I know I'm supposed to be here and the Lord is kicking my butt into shape. I have another great companion and great people to work w/.
You'll be happy to know that I finally found a member that has some of your art work from the picture business. It's actually in the new bishop's house and he was sustained yesterday as the bishop in the new ward just created here. I was really happy to see it. I hope I find it again as I get to know other members. I'm sure the Hatfield Dairy trucks run through here sometime, so that would be fun to see!!
That's all good that the mail system screwed up. I got the package on Saturday and it was Awesome!! I love your packages. Thank You!! 
IT sounds like it's been one heck of a week for ya'll. There is no doubt that your lives are far from boring. lol. Well as you know I'm in Montrose now. I'm not sure if you've looked at it on a map but it's pretty small. It's way fun out here, totally opposite of where I came from. Romney and Ryan came this last weekend so people were really excited about it. This is Romney country that's for sure. I've wanted to serve in an area like this, but I didn't think I was ready for it yet. I guess I'll have to be. The people here are awesome. It's nice to be in a small town. It's like home. A lot of people are familiar w/ Idaho so we have a good time talking about certain places. My new companion is awesome. His name is Elder Abel and he is from Mesa, Arizona. He hits his year mark this week so that will be fun. I'm learning so much from him and I'm grateful for all that he's teaching me. We have about 5 people on date for baptism here, so the work is going great.
I love ya!!Have a wonderful week!!

Elder Hatfield