Monday, September 12, 2011

We had a great week this week. We no longer have anyone set on date for september 17 but the guy is still wayyyy solid and he will get baptized. We got a new investigator this week and we'll be helping her out with organizing her house this next week.(Did he say Organizing?!! wow!)She's been to our church before, so we hope we can slip in and start teaching her again. It's funny b/c the day we went to her house and were leaving she says, " Im so glad you guys came when you said you would." The week before we had only said that we'd be back sometime next week. So the spirit knew she needed us then. We are continuing to try and grow and improve the area. We had 19 lessons this week which is pretty good for us, but I want to see more. I know that we can do better. I read a scripture in 3 nephi and I shared it in my letter to you, so you'll soon know what I'm talking about, but basically I need to have more faith. so yesterday was a great day. I really wish we could have seen all the shows that were on tv about september 11, but o well. We went to our Ward Mission Leader's last night and he showed us some stuff and shared his missionary stories w/ us, b/c he was in Washington D.C. on September 11. He has a flag that was in the pentagon when it got hit and the white part isn't as white as it was before, b/c of the smoke that came with the attempt on the pentagon that day. We took some fun pics, and I'll be sending you some soon. we're going to print some off and I'll write on the back of them. For church yesterday the last two hours was spent on the I am a mormon media blitz and it was way good. I feel like at least some of the members will take it seriously, as they should, and hopefully the work will move forward so much faster.

To Dad: I want to let you know that I appreciate all that you do in being the patriarch of our family.  You are an inspiration to me, I appreciate all the love and support you give me.  I'm continuing to learn and better myself as a person.  I never have enough time to learn what I want, but I'll just keep doing all I can.  Have a great week!

Elder Hatfield