Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A letter FINALLY!!!!!

Hello Family

That's so crazy that Whitney is now Married. Its funny b/c she always said she would be the last one. And what was the whole David Archuleta thing about? how did they meet him? Yes I got your package and it was awesome!! Well needed. We've been listening to Christmas music ever since too. I don't know why you haven't received my letter. That kind of makes me a little irritated b/c I did send it about 4 days ago so it should be there. It has a couple journal entries from it and some other things that was some of my best experiences. That's so cool that Bryson Howell and Calven Shell had their farewells. That's way exciting for both of them. So I tried sending some pics and I hope I did it right. I really don't have any great pics of us yet. I'll have to work on that and try sending some more this next week.  So some bad news. Bro.** is going to be released as Ward Mission leader. I can't tell you how bummed I am about that. It sucks that it has to be during my time here. He's probably the best mission leader anyone could have and he's the only one I've had. I guess I 'll have to make due though. This week was a better week. We found a couple of new people that we're going to try. We got a long time less-active to come to church, and I think I told you last week that she's started to prepare herself to finally get to the temple. We have another long-time less active who is working much harder than before at coming back and preparing himself to get to the temple again. It will be a long process for both of them, but it can be done and they've already started. My health is better. I woke up this morning and my glands were a little swollen, but now it feels normal and fine. I've got over the cold I've had. The worst thing is I'm now fat so in that sense my health sucks. I just need to watch what I eat more, b/c biking honestly does nothing for me except build muscle in my legs.

We are doing the same. Not even necessarily changes, but remembering to do certain things. This last week was much better than weeks previous. We found a lot people and talked to a lot of people. The bummer part was a lot of the appointments we set up with them fell through, but its a work in progress. Me and Elder Curth sat down Saturday night pretty bummed with how things were going. The thing I was most frustrated with was that we haven't been teaching well together. It seems like we've been teaching two different lessons sometimes and we just haven't had very spiritual lessons. That is the worst part. Nothing happens when the spirit isn't there. We can't convert anyone to do anything. All we can do is maybe entertain people with are character, but my point is that w/o the spirit nothing happens. No one progresses. So we reflected on that Saturday night and talked to Brother ** about it on sunday as well. We got some good ideas and this week we're not only trying to rebuild the area, but rebuild ourselves and our companionship. It's one of those things that takes time, but there is no reason that we can't have more of the spirit with us in teaching right now. So this week will be much better as far as that goes. Like it is w/ anyone, we continue to rebuild ourselves and learn to better ourselves.  Well it's always so nice to hear from ya Dad. I'm glad things are moving right along. They are here as well. Let me know if I can ever do anything with what little I can do. I love and appreciate all you do.

A bit from the snail mail:
As I've been writing this letter I've thoguht of what all has happened while I've had a chance to be here.  We've had 2 baptisms and one probably in a few weeks.  I'm just so grateful to be seeing all of this happening.  I love the people in this area.  It has been really hard to find new people, but in due time.  It's a learning experience.  Being on a mission is quite an amazing experience.  It's a good thing we have two years to do it b/c I don't think I would learn what I need to in any shorter amount of time.  I'm still slowly starting to be better at scriptures.  I'm in 3 Nephi.  I could probably be faster, but I want to take some of it in.  I'm trying to think, "Why was this put in here?"  It always that "not even a hundredfold" was recorded so why was this part so important?  I'm thankful to have the best family ever!!!



Thanks so much for the package and all you do. I love you THIS MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Hatfield