Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm Being Transferred??!!

Hey Fam!!

Well its transfer week and yes I'm getting transferred. They have asked me to go and be a district leader somewhere else, so I'm a little anxious. I hate packing up, but o well. It was fast and testimony meeting yestereday and I got to bear my testimony to the ward for the last time. I have to admit that it was emotional for me, but it was a good last sunday to do it b/c  we had a ton of less-actives there. It was a good time to leave I guess, but I'm really going to miss the ward. I won't find out where I'm going until transfer meeting so I guess I'll have to let you know next week.

So about the bike. Basically your son was stupid I guess is the best way to put it. We went into an investigators' home to teach and we left our bikes in front of her door...w/o them locked. So we were in there from 430-530 and somewhere in between that time somone stole the bikes. I called CTR bikes and the way the warranty work is b/c it was not locked they will provide me w/ a new one for 75 dollars. It costs another 79 dollars to have the warranty renewed. In November they changed their warranty policy to where if the bike is not locked and is stolen then they will not provide you with a new bike. B/c i got the bike before november I am still on the old warranty, so that worked out nice. But when I renew the warranty I will be on the new one of course. Well this last week has been awesome for missionary work. We set a goal of 23 lessons and we reached it! That has happened only once before since I've been here, and to think in the summer they were getting 14. This area has grown so much and looking back on what I've had the opportunity to be a part of, has been such a blessing. I'm really going to miss this area. In missionary terms, I was born and raised here in Meadowood.

Something cool I learned this week in study, was in reading the third verse of 1 Nephi. Nephi basically bears testimony that what he writes is true. I thought about that and the cool thing is we don't have to take his word for it, but we can find out for ourself whether it's true or not. We can choose to find out for ourself whether it's true and we can gain our own testimony just as Nephi did.

Last night we talked to one of our investigators and she was different, in a good way. She was smiling and happy. This 20 year old woman was so excited to tell us what had happened in the last couple days. She said that it all started friday night where she all the sudden felt a change in her, where she was happy and felt like she needed to change.(she has had a rough life and there has never been much for her to be happy about) Apparently she woke up Saturday morning and found out that her dog had peed on her bed, but she didn't get angry like she normally would. Then that evening when she was walking her dog, she said that she saw a man dressed really nice who said, "you look beautiful." She thanked him, looked back at her dog, and then back to where the guy was and he wasn't there. She looked around for him and couldn't find him. There was no car that started, no footsteps, nothin. She said that was really weird, but cool. Sunday night when she was telling us all this she kept asking if we did something to her. "Did you put some oil on my cup? Are you sure you didn't do something? Did you bless my house? Did you give me holy water?" It was pretty funny. But it was really cool to see this change that has wrought up in her. I really hope it stays that way.

Well I will let you know when I can, where I'm going, who my companion is, etc. It's definately going to be different leaving and going to another area, but as my ward mission leader Bro. ** told me, " There are even greater things that the Lord has in store for you." I think that he definitely does have things in store for me. I look forward to whatever it is.

I love and miss all of you!! Have a wonderful week and enjoy every minute of it!

Love

Elder Hatfield