Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012

Sorry Fans, that it has been awhile since I have posted anything from Elder Hatfield.  We have a wedding coming up the end of February and well I'm pretty sure that says it all!  The scripture that I shared with him is one of my favorites.  Proverbs 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." 
Hey Everyone!
How am I?  Great of course!  Lovin the work.  I’m learning so much.  It sounds like the bachelor party was a blast!  I want to see some pics too.  I’m sure you might not have sent so I wasn’t homesick or anything, but I’d like to see some pics.  It’s fun to see your faces and other friends and family.  I’m really trying to grasp onto things, especially being on my mission, b/c I only have two years to do what I’m doing right now.  My life will never have this opportunity again and I want to take advantage of my calling not only as a teacher, but as one who can really dedicate his studies to understanding the gospel more fully.  We can definitely receive revelation and understanding outside of mission life, but we also know that it will not be quite the same w that setting apart from worldly things.  That is some of my thinking at least.   Love you dad, have a great week. 
Mom,  I get to see at least small miracles every day but miracles none the less.  I wouldn’t worry too much.  I’m surrounded by great things and am being taken care of.  That’s so awesome that you taught the canoe class.  Who’da  thunk,  my mom, being a canoe instructor.  She can do anything =)  I did get the package from McCarty’s mom and I’ll send you a pic next week.  I got a haircut and it’s like a buzz.  Holy cow I look weird.  I took a pic and will send it next week.  My hair has never been this short.  Thanks for the scripture too.  It’s awesome, and I also love that scripture.  I realize this is a short letter, I miss and love you lots, know that I’m being taken care of and that I’m loving being a missionary.  There is no better work than this.