Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 30, 2013


howdy Fam!!!
Well this last week was awesome! A lot of good things happened. We got to see a lot of less-actives that I hadn't met yet and five of them came to church yesterday. We are now planning the baptism for May 11. His family is flying in from Alaska and driving from Arizona and other places. I'm really surprised and excited about that. It will be a great missionary opportunity considering none of them are members. The ward is actually having a baptism this week too that I'll be speaking at. Sisters cover this ward as well so someone they've been teaching is getting baptized. It will be interesting to see what happens when school stops b/c a lot of people will be leaving.
I learned a lot this past week as I was reading the scriptures. 2Nephi 32 is a complete sermon on prayer and gives us great insight to the power behind a prayer. vs. 9 was my favorite when it teaches us that in all things we should pray to our Father, so that he can consecrate our performance. That's the trick though is getting the "ok" from Heavenly Father so that he is w/ you along the way of whatever your doing. It just makes life a lot easier.
I got to speak in sacrament meeting yesterday on the light of Christ and it went really well. Again I took Elder Bednar's advice and prepared, but only took up my scriptures when I spoke. I've found that every time I've done that the spirit is much stronger and more powerful.
I love you all. The work is coming right along. Have a great week!

Elder Hatfield