Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Anniversary Dad and Mom!!!




Burning ditches


Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!!
28 years? Thanks a bunch for the package, it was awesome. I'm proud to say that I only spent 50 dollars on new shoes today so I'll have money for other things as well. Transfers are a week from tomorrow, right after general conference. I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'm kind of split on whether or not I will leave or want to leave. I don't want to leave the people, but at the same time change I've found can be good. Whatever happens happens. It sounds like you all had a good week for spring break. It's spring break here now, so everyone is just hanging out at home or all gone for vacation. Yesterday our most recent convert, received the Aaronic Priesthood. It was an honor to stand in on that. He is so ready and willing to serve the Lord in any way he can. We found a young couple this last week tracting, and found out the girl was a member and we knew the rest of her family that was inactive as well. They liked to swear a lot, but I think we can really bring the spirit in their lives. They need it. It was frustrating when she told me her experience in the church when she was teenager. Outside of church nobody would acknowledge her and when she came to church in pants they asked her to go home and change into a skirt. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that on my mission, and its frustrating b/c it just shouldn't happen. I know the members didn't mean harm by it, but teenagers and sometimes members can be ruthless not thinking something they say through. A good lesson we will all continue to learn. We also found a new investigator through a member that we hope to set on baptismal date this week when we meet w/ her. She is very curious and has very close friends that are LDS. I feel she may be the next baptism. Easter yesterday was a blast. We had an easter egg hunt, then an amazing dinner. It was a great day. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love ya

Elder Hatfield