Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013


Hey all!

The work is going absolutely great here. To give you an idea, we had three investigators come to church yesterday, and we set up two appointments with potential investigators that came with members. These potential investigators came out of curiosity too! so we really look forward to meeting with them.

I feel like a grand finale has been going on all around me, and I hope it keeps going. I love my mission so much and am eternally grateful for it.

We had quite a conversation w/ an older gentleman this last week. He is a retired navy veteran from the Vietnam war and when we first met him it was w/ all his returned vet friends. They all acted like they were 20, it was hilarious. A little vulgar, but I wish I could have let you all see it. We got to try and sit down to talk w/ him, but he liked to talk about politics. He shared a story with us though that confirms the doctrine of the spirit world. When he was six he was playing with one of his toys in the living room. His grandma had passed away two weeks previous. Apparently he smelled something that reminded him of grandma, so he went to go check it out. Not remembering his grandma had passed away, he see's his grandma standing right there and she said, "It's alright Mikey everything will be just fine." He smiled and went back to playing and then he remembered that she was supposed to be dead. He knew though what he saw, he said he couldn't explain it, but that he knew there is an afterlife.

I have a great companion, Elder Merrill. I believe a lot of the miracles happen because of him. He has great faith and is an incredible missionary. He also has an incredible story of how he came out to the mission, miraculous even. I feel the ward getting more and more excited inviting non-member friends to activities, and so forth. I love feeling like the work is growing rapidly, which of course it is. It's a great ward to serve in, and good to see young people making good decisions.

Elder Hatfield